Gamblers would have to be just about the most superstitious group of people in the world and hold some rather bizarre beliefs about how to improve their chances of winning.
Its only human nature for people to try and identify what particular things may have occurred during a session in which they were successful (or not!). Or perhaps they were holding some object or wearing something that their influenced their luck and that’s their omen for good luck. There are others superstitions that players hold not as a result of personal observation but because they have been passed down through generations of players. It’s possible that you’re not even aware of the superstitions that you hold. Here are some of the more common gambling superstitions:
- Blowing on the dice before rolling;
- Not accepting fifty bills because they are unlucky;
- Crossing your fingers;
- Believing that there’s a lucky dealer;
- Don’t count your money while you’re playing;
- Don’t enter the casino through the main entrance.
Now I want to hear what your lucky charms are? Or what little rituals you stick to before a session.